Mission and Vision
Inspire and empower individuals to enhance their lives through progressive educational experiences
- Accessibility and Responsiveness
- Civic Engagement and Outreach
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Creative Thinking, Innovation, and Cutting-Edge Technology
- Cultural Diversity and Global Awareness
- Excellence in Liberal Arts, Technical, and Community Education
- Individual and Community Success
- Integrity and High Expectations
- Learner-Focused Faculty and Staff
- Learning for All Ages
- Safe Learning Environment
To cultivate lifelong learning opportunities through career degree programs, workforce and community development, and transfer-to-baccalaureate degree programs.
Approved and adopted by the College Assembly, Owensboro Community and Technical College Board of Directors, and the KCTCS Board of Regents in 2009 (reviewed and reaffirmed Spring 2013).
OCTC First Year Philosophy
Create supportive, challenging, and flexible learning environments that build confidence, cultivate an appreciation for diversity, provide a competitive edge in an increasingly global workforce, and inspire students to achieve their full potential.
Approved February 2014
OCTC Transfer Philosophy
Owensboro Community and Technical College provides students a high-quality education and empowers them to actively plan for transfer, resulting in superior academic performance at four-year institutions.
Approved November 2012