Service Delay

alert icon Service Delay: We are currently experiencing longer load times for our online application. We apologize for this delay and appreciate your patience.

Apply Now

Student standing infront of a planReady, set, go!

If you've graduated from high school or earned a GED, we are an open admissions college and youre ready to begin. Get started now by submitting an application (either paper or online) and some additional information.

If you have any questions that are not answered below, visit our START Center on the upper level of the Campus Center on our Main Campus. We will help you through the process and answer any questions you may have!

What additional information will I need to submit?

Send your high school/GED transcript and transcripts of any previous college work to:

OCTC Student Records
4800 New Hartford Road
Owensboro, KY 42303

As soon as your application file is complete, you will be invited to take the COMPASS placement test, meet with an advisor, schedule classes, and attend an orientation (freshmen only). It is that easy!

So when can I apply and register?

If you are a credential seeking student (you must be credential-seeking to be eligible for financial aid) with an application file completed by:

April 1 - You will be contacted by April 15 regarding summer/fall registration.
November 1 - You will be contacted by November 15 regarding spring registration.

Applications received after the above dates are processed on a continuous basis; contacts regarding registration are made when students application files are complete.

So what makes my application file complete?

Application for admission (you must apply again anytime you sit out a fall or spring semester)
Official high school/GED transcripts OR official college transcripts from all colleges attended (transcripts MUST be mailed directly).
ACT or other placement test scores

What if I haven't graduated from high school?

If you want to start classes before you graduate from high school, our Discover College program will help you get a jump start on college.

What if I just want to take a couple classes - is there an easier way to do it?

Yes! You can apply as a non-credential seeking student and once your application is processed, you can register anytime after December 1 for the Spring semester and May 1 for the Summer or Fall semesters. All course prerequisites still apply. You may use evidence of previous college coursework (for example, copies of transcripts, grade reports, or online records) or test scores (ACT, SAT) to demonstrate that you have met prerequisites.

Who can answer my questions?

We can! Call us at 270-686-4527, contact us online,or check out our frequently asked questions.