Student Records

Student Records

The Student Records Office is where all your application materials go, whether you apply in person, online, or via mail. Once we have what we need, you will be contacted about meeting with an advisor.

The Student Records Office can help you apply for graduation and send your OCTC transcript to other colleges when that time comes too! See below for answers and directions.

Questions?Contact us online or call (1-855-5Go-OCTC).


How do I request my transcript?

Go to the START Center, complete a Transcript Request Form, and pay the appropriate fee:

  • On demand: $7 (must have picture ID to pick up)
  • Fax and mailed copy: $17
  • Mailed copy: $5 (please allow 3-5 business days for processing)

NOTE: To protect the security of your records, transcript requests cannot be processed by telephone and only the student may order his/her own transcript.

Can I request my transcript online?

We have authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the web. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.

You will have to submit a signed authorization. This is to protect the security of your records.

To order an official transcript(s), login to the Clearinghouse secure site. Order updates will be emailed to you and you can also track your order online.

How do I obtain an enrollment verification?

You may need to have your enrollment verified for medical or car insurance, scholarships, or others who are supporting your studies at the college. The START Center has the appropriate forms that you need; just stop by and fill them out. Please allow 48 to 72 hours for the forms to be processed. You may pick the form up or we will be happy to mail the form for you.

Can I obtain an enrollment verification online?

Yes--here are the steps:

  1. Sign in to the PeopleSoft student information system. Your Student Center should be the first panel that appears.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom portion of the page. On the right hand side mid-way down the page there will be a blue box with the heading: KCTCS STUDENT RECORDS
  3. Click on the link Enrollment Verification@NSC. A page with the Enrollment Verification@NSC will appear.
  4. Select Owensboro Community and Technical College from the list and click the link to the right.
  5. Read the next panel and click the link at the bottom of the page.
  6. Fill in the required information and submit the form with the LOG IN button.
  7. On this page you select the information you want. The form will appear on the screen.
  8. You can print the form at this point

When do I apply for graduation?

Near the beginning of the semester in which you plan to graduate. These dates are published in the "News U Can Use" on our schedule of classes web site each semester.

How do I apply for graduation?

  1. Complete the necessary program requirements and fill out an Academic Plan (approved course of study) with your advisor.
  2. Contact your advisor and update your academic plan. The academic plan will need to be dated within specific time frames for each semester of graduation:
    Spring Graduation Must be dated after October 1st
    Summer Graduation Must be dated after March 1st
    Fall Graduation Must be dated after April 1st
  3. Submit your updated Academic Plan to the Student Records Office, allowing twenty minutes to fill out the required paper work.

OCTC Student Records
Campus Center, Lower Level, Room 100
8:00 AM-5:30 PM Mon.-Thurs.
8:00 AM-4:30 PM Fri.

You can learn more about your rights and responsibilities as a student by reviewing the KCTCS Student Code of Conduct. If you have questions, please contact Kevin Beardmore, VP of Student Affairs |686-4504 | Campus Center Room 204