THE NEXT ADMISSION CYCLE WILL BE
The deadline for admission will be March 1, 2019.
ASSOCIATE DEGREE NURSING PROGRAM FOR THE LPN
A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) wishing to advance their degree and pursue licensure as a Registered Nurse may apply to the Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program. Upon acceptance, the LPN will enter the 2nd semester of the ADN program, skipping their 1st semester Nursing course.
Graduates of the ADN program are prepared to provide and manage client care within a variety of clinical settings including, but not limited to, hospitals, doctors offices, urgent care facilities, nursing homes and outpatient and inpatient care settings.
Learning takes place utilizing a multitude of diverse didactic techniques including on campus lecture, live video streaming, pod casting, Wimba and Blackboard learning tools, state of the art simulation laboratory technology and off site clinical experiences, all of which prepare our graduates to meet the needs of a diverse client population.
The OCTC ADN program accepts students biannually; Spring semester application deadline is July 1 and Fall semester application deadline is March 1.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
A. Prior to Admission Deadline (Required)
- Apply for admission to OCTC if you are not currently in a KCTCS institution and declare major as Associate in Science with Nursing/OWRN as student group.
- View online the Pre Admission Conference and submit the Data Report Form (official application) by application deadline of
March 1st for Fall Admission and July 1st for Spring Admission
- Completed Data Report Forms may be turned into the Nursing Department in the Academic Building on OCTC's Main Campus, either by hand delivery, by mail (4800 New Hartford Rd. Owensboro, KY 42303 Nursing Department), by fax (270-686-4687) or e-mail (email@example.com)
- Submit via mail Official transcripts from universities/colleges other than KCTCS to OCTC Office of the Registrar
- Earn a minimum 2.75 Nursing GPA (Nursing GPA is determined by grades in ENG 101, MAT 150, Heritage/Humanities, PSY 110, BIO 137, and BIO 225. *Nursing GPA scores below 2.75 will not be considered for admission.
- Meet one (1) of the two (2) criteria listed below:
B. Prior to First Day of Nursing Class (Required)
- Complete BIO 137, MAT 150 (or higher), and PSY 110 with a grade of "C" or higher in the math and science courses.
- Demonstrate an "Active" unrestricted license as a Practical Nurse by employed as a full-time LPN 12 of the past 36 months.
- Enroll in or have completed ENG 101 (Pre or Co Requisite).
- Obtain BLS certification with AED training (American Heart Association).
- Attend a mandatory orientation day in August before your nursing classes begin. Date and times vary each semester.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Students are responsible for checking their KCTCS Student e-mail account throughout the admission process
- To schedule your TEAS exam, please contact WorkforceSolutions at (270) 686-4444
- All required documents must be completed/submitted by the Application Deadline, March
1st or July 1st depending on application cycle
The Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) reserves the right to deny, limit, revoke, probate, suspend or take other action against an applicant or licensee with criminal convictions that bear directly on an individuals qualifications or ability to practice nursing. For more information and to view the full statue, please visit http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=30910