Expand your horizons and get involved.
The Office of Diversity Programs is committed to creating a campus environment that values the exploration, appreciation, and celebration of diversity, while promoting inclusiveness, multiculturalism, and global awareness by promoting collaborative relationships on campus and community partnerships.
Programs sponsored by the Office of Diversity Programs include the:
- Multicultural Student Association
- Governors Minority Student College Preparation Program
- Multicultural Student Jamboree, and
- Student Fest.
See what we're doing in the Office of Cultural Diversity this year...
Owensboro Black Expo and Owensboro Community & Technical College are excited to offer a NEW program just for African American high school students. The ACE program will help unlock your potential, increase your confidence and provide you with supports to achieve greater success.
The ACE program offers:
- Group activities to enhance college and career readiness
- Access to college resources with on-site college visits
- Monthly workshops, including field trips that provide exposure to new careers and interesting people
A few of our fun workshops include:
- Secure the Bag: Financial Lesson for Life
- A session on HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges and Universities)
- Do Something: A Lesson in Active Citizenship with Local Leaders
- Building Blocks: The Benefits of Transfer Advising
If you are ready to take it to the next level, become an Explorer in the ACE program!
HOW TO REGISTER: email email@example.com.
For more info:
Graduating but not sure where your path will lead? College isn't about what you were in high school, it is about who you want to be. This is a great opportunity to check out your options and earn some scholarship bucks along the way. Students should successfully complete the summer program and enroll at OCTC in the fall full-time to maximize the scholarship. Underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The camp takes place between June 6 - July 13, 2022.
Attend class Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and LEVEL UP for the fall semester!
Upon coimpletion of the Level Up 2.0 Camp, participants will receive new laptops and school supplies (pens, pencils, backpackes, etc.)!
Students will also participate in STEAM learning experiences in behind-the-scenes tour of Holiday World theme park in Santa Claus, IN.
For more info, contact Sharmy Davis at email@example.com or (270) 852-8159
Sharmy Davis, MBA, MPA
(She, Her, Hers)
Director of Cultural Diversity
Owensboro Community & Technical College
4800 New Hartford Road
Owensboro, KY 42303