Teaching and Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center is located on the first floor, front left, of the Learning Resource Center. The TLC is OCTC's free academic support center. The TLC offers a variety of services and programs to help you succeed on your educational journey.
Contact us at (270) 852-8964.
What kind of help can I receive?
We offer a variety of free services and programs, including:
- Peer and professional tutoring supplied by TLC staff, qualified student tutors, and faculty volunteers
- Online test proctoring
- Compass Preparation
- Study skills and test taking support
- Techniques to overcome test anxiety
- Approaches to improving time management
- Research methods
- MLA and APA instruction
- Make-up test administration
- Tutor training
- Classroom presentations
What tutoring can be found in the TLC?
Our tutors help to reinforce class material, explaining it in one-on-one and group sessions. High demand areas include math, English, computer, and medical programs, such as nursing and radiography.Tutoring, based on requested areas, extends beyond these subjects too. Tutors review writing assignments, help you create good study habits, identify your learning style, help you overcome obstacles such as text anxiety, improve time management, evaluate test-taking skills, and assist with computer needs.
What computer services are available?
We have 12 Internet accessible computers that you can use.
- Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher,)
- Keyboarding Pro
- ACT Review
- Anatomy Flashcards