Ready to Work
RTW: Assistance for Low-Income Parents
Ready to Work (RTW) is a partnership between the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and the KY Cabinet for Health & Family Services, Department for Community Based Services. RTW wants to help you balance family and college for a better life.
RTW is designed to assist low-income parents receiving KTAP that:
- Need to complete a GED or high school degree
- Already enrolled in Skills U or Owensboro Community and Technical College
- Have a barrier to enrolling at KCTCS, such as student debt.
- Support as you balance family, work, and school
- Work study opportunities that do not reduce certain public benefits
- Advocacy and mentoring
- Referrals to community resources
- Job references and referrals
- Employment skills training
- Financial Education
Contact your college RTW Staff to see if you may be eligible for RTW services. Funding for this program is provided by the Kentucky Department for Health and Family Services, Department for Community Based Services.
Are you an employer who would like to hire a work study student? Let us know!
Apply now or get more info about RTW!
For more information, contact:
Amy Fogle-Stiff Downtown Campus 1501 Frederica Street Owensboro, Kentucky 42301
Office: 270-686-4556 Cell: 270-231-5843