What is Administrative Office Technology?
What do executives, attorneys and administrators have in common? They all have great administrative assistants and office managers. If you are an organized person who likes to get things done, OCTC's Administrative Office Technology program could be for you. This program will prepare you for working in an office environment where you can use technology to complete important projects. Graduates master word processing, desktop publishing, database management and other skills to make offices operate efficiently. Technical courses combined with general education courses will prepare you for todays workforce and a lifetime of learning.
What are my career choices?
You will look for jobs like administrative assistant, office assistant, office manager, and financial assistant. These workers use office technology and computers to deliver accurate communication and to exchange information on a timely basis.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
- Administrative Office Technology: 60-61 credit hours
- Administrative: 30 credit hours | Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
- Data Entry Operator: 6 credit hours
- Financial Assistant Clerk: 18 credit hours | Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
- Financial Assistant Trainee: 12 credit hours
- Integrated Office Skills: 21 credit hours | Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
- Receptionist: 12 credit hours
- Financial Record Keeper: 30 credit hours
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.