What is Business Administration?
Business Administration at Owensboro Community & Technical College prepares students for a variety of careers in business. A core curriculum provides students with a foundation of knowledge applicable to any business career. The Business Administration Program offers an Associate in Applied Science degree, diplomas and a variety of certificates. The curriculum is designed for those who seek entry level jobs as well as for currently employed individuals wishing to enhance their skills.
The Associate in Applied Science: Accounting Option leads to careers in accounting including bookkeeper, accounting clerk, cost payroll clerk and any positions using microcomputer-based systems. The Associate in Applied Science: Management Option prepares the student with broad-based management knowledge and skills which lead to a variety of positions in organizations.
What are my career choices?
Business administrators are needed in every field from accounting to Human Resources. With a degree in Business Administration, your career options are virtually limitless.
- by choosing the Accounting option within the program, your career options range from working in bookkeeping or payroll
- the Management option prepares the student with broad-based management knowledge and skills that lead to a variety of positions in organizations.
- the Human Resource Management option prepares students for entry-level positions in the human resources field and related occupations.
- the Informatics option prepares students for careers in business including business analysts and positions that query and report on the businesses key performance indicators and success factors.
- the Office Systems option prepares the student with a broad base of knowledge and skills needed for a variety of positions in an office.
Business Administration Program; Accredited Business Graduates
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Associate in Applied Science Degrees and Transfers
- Accounting: 61-64 credit hours
- Management: 63-67 credit hours
- Organizational Leadership: 38-42 credit hours
- Accounting: 18 credit hours
- Adv. Business Administration: 15 credit hours
- Basic Business Administration: 15 credit hours
- Business Transfer: 15 credit hours
- Financial Perspectives: 12 credit hours
- General Business: 12 credit hours
- Leadership: 12 credit hours
- Management: 15 credit hours
- Quality Management: 15 credit hours
- Sales: 12 credit hours
- Small Business Management: 15 credit hours
- Supervisory Management: 21 credit hours
- Team Leadership: 18 credit hours
For course sequence, see the program card.
For graduation requirements, see the academic plan(s):
What are the admission requirements?
There are no special admission requirements for this program.
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.