Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
The Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) is a new form of the coronavirus family that originated in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China in December and has spread throughout the world. We are monitoring the situation and will continue to update this page and take appropriate measures to ensure the health and well-being of all students, faculty, and staff. The following is a list of key resources to keep you informed about the COVID-19.
To reach us, please use the department directory below that includes phone and email contact information and the hours of service.
We hope that this will be a short-term issue, but regardless of the length of time, OCTC will work diligently to keep you safe while completing your education. Again, thank you for your patience and flexibility. Together, we can do this!
Offices will be open remotely/virtually during our regular hours:
M-Th: 10 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., 270-686-4523 or email@example.com (Operated by Barnes & Noble). You may continue to place orders online at the Barnes & Noble Online Bookstore for delivery with free shipping, though you may experience longer shipping times than usual.
M-F: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., 270-686-4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
M-F: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., 270-686-4418 or email@example.com
Fee Payment/Business Office
M-Th: 8 a.m.- 5:30 p.m., F: 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., 270-238-8944 (for texting) or 1-855-5GO-OCTC or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Resource Center (Library)
M-Th: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. F: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., 270-686-4590. Downtown & Southeastern Campuses, M-F: 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., 270-686-4466 (DT) or email@example.com
Pathfinder Den, Pathfinder Pantry
(Transfer, Success Coaches, Advising & Career Services, Pathfinder Pantry)
M-Th: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., F: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., after posted hours by appointment only, 270-686-4683 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Downtown Campus, M- F: 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., 270-686-4454 or email@example.com
M-Th: 8 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.; F: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., 270-686-4522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
M-F: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., email@example.com
Teaching & Learning Center (TLC)
M-Th: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., F: 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., 270-852-8964 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For service outside of regular office hours, visit the help.owensboro.kctcs.edu webpage or call 855-5GO-OCTC (855-546-6282).
Let us know how we can help!
State of Kentucky COVID-19 Website and Hotline
The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services has prepared resources on when to seek care, how to prevent becoming ill, who is most at risk, and up-to-date status of the COVID-19 situation in the state. A hotline for questions regarding the virus in the state is available at 800-722-5725.
Kentucky Department of Public Health
The Kentucky Department for Public Health continues to closely monitor the international situation concerning the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19). This respiratory disease was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China on December 31, 2019. Since that time, it has spread throughout China and to many other countries. Public health officials in Kentucky are monitoring individuals who meet certain exposure criteria to limit the introduction of COVID-19 in Kentucky. They are also are preparing for the possibility that the virus begins to spread in the commonwealth.
Kentucky Health Departments
Colleges are encouraged to visit the websites of their local health departments and coordinate with them for guidance related to cases in their area.
- Allen County Health Department
- Anderson County Health Department
- Ashland-Boyd County Health Department
- Barren River District Health Department
- Bell County Health Department
- Bourbon County Health Department
- Boyle County Health Department
- Bracken County Health Department
- Breathitt County Health Department
- Breckinridge County Health Department
- Buffalo Trace District
- Calloway County Health Department
- Christian County Health Department
- Clark County Health Department
- Fleming County Health Department
- Franklin County Health Department
- Garrard County Health Department
- Gateway District Health Department
- Graves County Health Department
- Green River District Health Department
- Greenup County Health Department
- Hopkins County Health Department
- Jefferson County Health Department
- Jessamine County Health Department
- Johnson County Health Department
- Kentucky River District Health Department
- Knox County Health Department
- Lake Cumberland District Health Department
- Laurel County Health Department
- Lewis County Health Department
- Lexington-Fayette County Health Department
- Lincoln Trail District Health Department
- Madison County Health Department
- Marshall County Health Department
- Martin County Health Department
- Mercer County Health Department
- Monroe County Health Department
- Montgomery County Health Department
- Muhlenberg County Health Department
- North Central Health Department
- Northern Kentucky Independent Health Department
- Oldham County Health Department
- Pennyrile District Health Department
- Pike County Health Department
- Powell County Health Department
- Purchase District Health Department
- Three Rivers District Health Department
- Todd County Health Department
- Wedco District Health Department
- Whitley County Health Department
- Woodford County Health Department
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the leading public health agency for the United States and has all the current information related to COVID-19. You will find facts about symptoms of the virus and what to do if you become sick, tips on how to prevent the spread of the virus, and answers to frequently asked questions.
The U.S. Department of State
The U.S. Department of State provides an updated list of travel advisories.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
This web-based interactive dashboard tracks the spread of COVID-19 in real time. It is hosted by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.