Placement Testing & Assessment
A placement test is required of all degree, diploma, and certificate seeking students at OCTC. However, you may be exempted from all or part of the placement testing requirement based on:
- Your ACT scores in reading, mathematics, and English
- Successful completion of previous college coursework
See the student placement guidelines below to find out if your ACT scores exempt you from all or part of the placement testing requirement. If you have previous college coursework, the Registrar will determine if you need to take a placement test based on the official transcripts you submit.
Call 270-686-4533 to schedule your placement test. See our FAQ for testing times and more information!
Need help studying for the test?
Have you been out of school for a few years? Do you need to refresh your memory before taking the test? Here are some links to sample questions that will help prepare you for the placement test.
- https://kctcsowensboro.edready.org/home [instructions]
- Writing - https://is.gd/octccollegewriting
- Reading - https://is.gd/octccollegereading
- How to use a calculator: https://youtu.be/Xz3sMdUxk4I