Fuel your career with hands-on experience servicing medium and heavy-duty trucks.
What is Diesel Technology?
The Diesel Technology Program prepares students to become Diesel Service Technicians. Students gain skills to analyze malfunctions and to rebuild and maintain construction equipment. Additionally, students learn electronic engine diagnostic repairs using the latest electronic equipment and manufacturing software from Caterpillar and Cummins.
What are my degree, diploma, and certificate options?
- Diesel Technology AAS - Agriculture Diesel Technician Track
- Diesel Technology AAS - Construction Equipment Technician Track
- Diesel Technology AAS - Medium and Heavy Truck Technician Track
- Agriculture Equipment Technician Diploma
- Construction Equipment Technician Diploma
- Medium and Heavy Truck Technician Diploma
- Agriculture Equipment Mechanic Helper Certificate
- Construction Equipment Mechanic Helper Certificate
- Diesel Engine Mechanic Certificate
- Diesel Steering and Suspension Mechanic Certificate
- Electrical/Electronics Systems Mechanic Certificate
- Fluid Power Mechanic Certificate
- Heavy Duty Brake Mechanic Certificate
- Heavy Duty Drive Train Mechanic Certificate
- Medium and Heavy Truck Mechanic Certificate
- Mobile Air Conditioning Mechanic Certificate
- Preventative Maintenance Mechanic Certificate
- Undercarriage Mechanic Certificate
How Do I Pay For This?
Worry no more. With the lowest tuition in Kentucky, financial aid options, and a helping hand to guide you through the application process, OCTC has you covered. OCTC will help you reach your goals at a price that won't break the bank.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
The Diesel Technology Program at OCTC is accredited by the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Education Foundation.
Length of Program
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.