What is Diesel Technology?
The diesel technology industry is changing rapidly. Vehicles have more computerized devices than ever before. Employers need skilled technicians who can inspect, maintain, and repair these heavy-duty vehicles. Whether you're interested in semi-tractor trailers, or farm and construction equipment, we have the training you need.
Skilled diesel engine specialists and mechanics who graduate from OCTC are in the drivers seat in todays job market. Jump start your career with exceptional classroom instruction and hands-on experience at OCTC.
What are my career choices?
You'll be prepared for entry-level service technician positions including: troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, servicing, and repair.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Degrees and Transfers
- Agriculture Diesel Technician Track
- Construction Equipment Technician Track
- Medium and Heavy Truck Technician Track
- Agriculture Equipment Mechanic Helper: 20 credit hours
- Construction Equipment Mechanic Helper: 23 credit hours
- Diesel Engine Mechanic: 12 credit hours
- Diesel Mechanic Assistant: 27 credit hours
- Diesel Steering & Suspension Mechanic: 12 credit hours
- Electrical/Electronics Systems Mechanic: 12 credit hours
- Fluid Power Mechanic: 12 credit hours
- Heavy Duty Brake Mechanic: 12 credit hours
- Heavy Duty Drive Train Mechanic: 12 credit hours
- Medium and Heavy Truck Mechanic Helper: 30 credit hours
- Mobile Air Conditioning Mechanic: 12 credit hours
- Preventative Maintenance Mechanic: 13 credit hours
- Undercarriage Mechanic: 12 credit hours
- Agriculture Equipment Technician: 50-55 credit hours
- Construction Equipment Technician: 53-58 credit hours
- Medium and Heavy Truck Technician: 52-55 credit hours
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.