Tuition & Costs
Out-of-State Students: From Contiguous Counties*
Out-of-State Students: Other Out-of-State Students
Mandatory Fee** (all students):
*Contiguous counties are those which border Kentucky. Tuition is charged for each credit hour enrolled.
** KCTCS BuildSmart Investment for Kentucky Competitiveness fee. A full break down of 2018-19 charges is available.
Fee Payment Deadlines
Spring 2019 (Classes beginning January 14 and ending May 4)
Jan 9: Last day to pay tuition & fees to avoid cancellation of registration and late fees
- (Students registering after this date must pay tuition the same day they register)
Jan 9: Last day to arrange a student tuition payment plan
Jan 14: Classes begin
Jan 18: Last day to drop classes and receive 100% tuition refund
Feb 12: Last day to withdraw from classes and receive 50% tuition refund
Additional Fee Information
- An $11 charge per term will be collected from those students enrolled in programs that require Professional Liability insurance.
- A $50 charge will be assessed for each check returned due to insufficient funds. Delinquent accounts are subject to referral to the Kentucky Department of Revenue, which will charge additional fees.
- A $75 charge will be assessed for reinstatement of classes for students who do not pay by the payment deadline.
Financial Aid Priority Processing Deadline Dates
In order for your financial aid to be ready when your classes begin, please submit your FAFSA as soon as possible. Financial aid Priority Filing Dates for OCTC are listed below:
- Submit FAFSA before July 15 for the Fall semester
- Submit FAFSA before December 1 for Spring semester
- Submit FAFSA before April 1 for the Summer term
If you submit your FAFSA by the priority date and promptly reply to all subsequent financial aid office requests, your financial aid should be ready for you when the semester begins.
The Financial Aid Office cannot guarantee the arrival or disbursement of funds. The dates below represent the earliest date funds can be applied to your account. All dates are tentative and subject to change.
Important reminder: Course attendance must be confirmed before a disbursement of financial aid will occur. Students enrolled with multiple start dates may have a delay in the processing of funds until all coursework has been confirmed.