What is Industrial Maintenance Technology?
Do you like to fix things? Are you a problem solver? If so, Industrial Maintenance Technology could be for you. Every industry needs skilled maintenance technicians and mechanics to repair complex machines such as assembly line conveyor belts, robotic welding arms, hydraulic lifts and so much more. Machinery has changed a lot as technology has advanced. OCTC's Industrial Maintenance Technology program prepares graduates to work in factories, hospitals, construction industries, and more. In addition to industrial maintenance classes, students in this program take courses in electricity, machine tool, and welding. If you can multitask and you like a challenge, industrial maintenance might be the field for you.
What are my career choices?
The workplace of today requires the technician to make decisions about the operation and repair of manufacturing systems and to constantly learn and implement new information. You'll be trained to hold positions in factories, hospitals, hotels, etc., where multi-skilled maintenance personnel are needed. The core courses offered in this program will allow the student to advance in new and emerging areas of technology.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Associate in Applied Science Industrial Maintenance Technology: 60-68 credit hours
- GO FAME Track AAS Advanced Manufacturing Technician
- Industrial Maintenance Technician: 48-53 credit hours
- Industrial Maintenance Machinists Mechanic: 19-21 credit hours
- Industrial Maintenance Electrical Mechanic: 12-15 credit hours
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Level I: 13-15 credit hours
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Level II: 22-26 credit hours
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.