Consumer Information and Student Right-to-Know
This page provides links to information about Owensboro Community and Technical College as required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) of 1965, as amended in 2008. Each topic listed either gives a brief description of the federally required information that must be disclosed and explained how further information may be obtained or it is hyperlinked to take you directly to the source of the information.
- Our Mission and Vision
- Programs of Study
- KCTCS Online Catalog
- Office and Departments
- OCTC Organizational Chart
- Our Leadership Team
- Student Complaints and Grievances
Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- Accreditation Statement
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) (Regional Accreditation)
- Kentucky Council of Postsecondary Education (Licensure of Institution and Programs)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (Privacy of Student Records) (FERPA)
- Admissions Guidelines
- How to Apply for Admissions
- Institutional Refund Policy
- Student Code of Conduct
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid Priority Dates
- Voter Registration
- Privacy and Copyright Infringement Policy
- Other Current Student Resources
Consumer Information on College Navigator Website
Diversity of Student Body
- College Historical Data
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Information
- Drug and Alcohol Education
- KCTCS Employee Substance Abuse Policy
- KCTCS Employee Drug Free Policy Notification
- KCTCS Code of Student Conduct
- Sanction Levels for Drug and Alcohol Violations (Page 282)
- Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act
Disability Services Available for Students
Financial Aid Information
- Cost of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Financial Aid Programs with Terms and Conditions
- Financial Aid Priority Deadlines
- Return of Unearned Financial Aid/Return to Title IV/R2t4
- No Show Policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Aid Recipients
- Academic Calendar
- Rights and Responsibilities for Financial Aid Recipient
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Disbursement Dates
- How to apply for Aid (Prospective Students)
- Federal Work-Study Program
- Federal Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Study Abroad and Financial Aid
- Loan Repayment Help
- Student Loan Cohort Default Rate
Eligible students may take out loans at OCTC. Seventeen percent of students borrowed money to assist with attendance costs in 2017-18.
Here is the three-year default rate on the loans taken by OCTC students as compared to national and state averages.
Cohort Default Rate 2014 Cohort 2015 Cohort 2016 Cohort USA 2-year public 18.3% 16.7% 15.9% Kentucky 2-year public 24.3% 25.1% 20.7% Owensboro Community & Technical College 24.4% 19.1% 15.8%
- For additional information, visit our Financial Aid Office.
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
- Preferred Lender Arrangements - OCTC has no preferred lender arrangements
- Preferred Lender Lists - OCTC has no preferred lender lists
Contact the Student Financial Aid Office for further information regarding financial aid.
Graduation Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act)
OCTC awards no athletically-related financial aid, so graduation rates are not available.
- Retention Rates
Security on Campus
- Academic Building Access and Security (Page 9)
- Alcohol and Non-Medical Use of Drugs (Policies for possession, use, and sale) (Page 11)
- Annual Campus Communication
- Daily Crime Log / Reportable Crimes
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures
- How to Report Criminal Actions or Other Emergencies (Page 10)
- Law Enforcement Authority of Campus Security Personnel and Relationship with State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies (Page 5)
- Prevention of Crimes
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Procedures after an Offense
- Titles of Persons or Organizations to Whom Students and Employees should Report
- Timely Reports to the Campus Community of Crimes Considered to be a Threat
Student Code of Conduct
- The colleges of KCTCS are more than just educational institutions -- they are vibrant and diverse communities. Therefore, KCTCS strives to maintain an atmosphere of academic freedom and personal respect that creates an environment in which all can be successful. As part of this commitment, KCTCS has developed a Code of Student Conduct that serves as a guide for the student's responsibilities and rights within our academic community.
State Complaint Process for Current Residents of Kentucky
The Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) serves as the coordinating agency for postsecondary education in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The CPE is the agency that handles complaints about Owensboro Community and Technical College and has the ability to act on those complaints from students residing in Kentucky. Students should attempt to resolve the complaint through the established protocol at Owensboro Community and Technical College before contacting CPE.
Teacher Preparation Program Report
While OCTC is proud to offer several degree programs related to the field of education (Education Preparation and Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education), OCTC does not prepare teachers for initial state certification or licensure.
- Information on textbooks is available through our Campus Bookstore.
Transfer of Credit Policy and Articulation Agreements
OCTC does not have a campus wide vaccination policy. However specific program offerings such as the Nursing program may maintain specific vaccination requirements for their students. Please review the Programs of Study pages for more information.