Activities & Organizations
Get even more out of your college experience.
Owensboro Community and Technical College is a community college in every sense of the word. We're a local institution for people seeking focused job training and quality higher education on a flexible schedule. Since OCTC students have so much in common, we encourage them to enhance their college experience by joining our growing number of student clubs and organizations.
Here are just a few ways to meet and collaborate with other OCTC students, faculty, and staff:
- Advocate for the best OCTC experience as a representative of the OCTC Student Government Association email@example.com
Build up fellow musicians through cooperation, creativity, and the joy of music with the OCTC School of Rock. Matt.Alschbach@kctcs.edu
Create with the OCTC Art Club Monty.Helm@kctcs.edu
- Express yourself in more powerful ways with the OCTC Speech and Debate Society
- Promote awareness of LGBT issues and fight discrimination, harassment, and violence
in higher education with OCTC SAFE. (no fundraising authority)
- Serve and connect OCTC students through faith-based fellowship, Bible study, and community
outreach with the OCTC Cornerstone Campus Ministry (no fundraising authority)
Casey.Hamilton@kctcs.edu or Meredith.Skaggs@kctcs.edu
- OCTC Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- OCTC Next Generation Agriculture Promoting agriculture at OCTC and in the community.
- OCTC Nursing Student Organizations
- OCTC Phi Alpha Delta - International Fraternity of Pre-Law and Law Students
BobJ.Glenn@kctcs.edu or Matt.Alschbach@kctcs.edu
- OCTC Phi Theta Kappa - International Honor Society of Two-Year Colleges
- OCTC Psi Beta - National Honor Society in Psychology for Community and Junior Colleges
Ed.Morris@kctcs.edu or Mary.Kinney@kctcs.edu
- OCTC Radiography Club
- OCTC Lambda Nu - National Honor Society of Radiologic and Imaging Sciences (No fundraising
- OCTC Vet Tech Club
Eddie.Leach@kctcs.edu or Jacqueline.Howard@kctcs.edu
- Exercise your body and mind on an outing with the Outdoor Association
- Suggest future Common Reading books and help plan events
Kaye.Brown@kctcs.edu or Tonya.Northenor@kctcs.edu
- Assist the editorial staff of Skylark, our literary magazine
- Be a part of the drama with Oak Island Theatre
If we don't have what you are looking for, start your own club! Contact Kevin.Beardmore@kctcs.edu for more info.
Check out the News and Events page for upcoming campus events such as guest speakers, theater performances, concerts, seminars, and more.