Military & Veterans
JOIN OUR MILITARY-FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
We welcome military service members, veterans and their families. Here’s how to apply to OCTC and start building a better future.
How to Apply
The application process is quick and simple, and we’re here to help. Just follow these easy steps:
- Submit your application for admission.
If you are on active duty, a drilling reservist, or a member of the National Guard you may qualify for Federal or State Tuition Assistance (TA). Visit Veterans Services for further information.*
Submit the KCTCS application if you are not using Tuition Assistance (TA).
- Apply for your GI Bill® Benefits. Visit U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) to learn about the various GI Bill® Programs and which are best for you.
- Send us transcripts from any colleges you’ve attended (or from high school if you haven't attended college).
- Request your Joint Services Transcript (JST). Air Force veterans and service members should request their transcript from the
Community College of the Air Force (CCAF). Prior to requesting your transcript, check with your Veterans Services Coordinator to see where it should be sent. See Military Training Credit for more information about how credit is awarded for military education and experience.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores or schedule a placement test at OCTC after you apply. Either will work!
- Explore financial aid. Federal financial aid is available for members of all branches of the military. We also offer scholarships, grants and loans to make a great education even more affordable.
*If you are a current service member, speak with you Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within your Military Service. They can help you get the process started. We look forward to seeing you at OCTC!
If you’re planning to enlist in the Army, you may be eligible for the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP), a program designed to help you apply to college and access your benefits. Be sure to select KCTCS as your home college when you enlist.