Owensboro Community & Technical College offers a wide variety of scholarship opportunities. We have a little something for everyone—awarding scholarships without regard to race, color, gender, belief system, national origin, disability or veteran status, and so on. Some scholarships are dedicated to students in specific types of programs (for example a Nursing student would not be able to receive an Electrical Technology scholarship). And some are designed to help students overcome specific challenges unrelated to programs of study.
We understand that a college education is a major investment. At OCTC, we are here to help you find the funds you need and earn that degree! We have a one-stop shop scholarship application.
What’s so special about this online scholarship application?
It figures out which scholarships fit you best FOR YOU! You really don’t need to figure out which scholarships you’re eligible for; the online application does it for you while you apply.
Keep these instructions and tips handy while starting your new online scholarship application:
- The new online scholarship application works best with the following web browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
- Please, be sure to sign in with your full KCTCS username (example: firstname.lastname@example.org – the “@kctcs.edu” is necessary)
and password under the “Applicants and Administrators” tab.
- New students can access their username and password just a few days after submitting their initial Application for Admission. If you haven’t applied for admission yet, please do that before applying for scholarships!
- If you need help with your login information, please contact email@example.com
- Once you’ve logged in and can view the new online scholarship application platform, to see only OCTC scholarship opportunities, you will need to use the filter option.
- In the top right corner, select the “Show Filters” button, then select “Owensboro Community & Technical College.”
Application Material Checklist
- Application (button below)
- Names and contact information for two references
- And, don’t forget to file your FAFSA!
The application deadline is April 1, 2023 for students starting classes at OCTC in Fall 2023. OCTC's Financial Aid Office has an open-door policy for applications and encourages students to submit them anytime. To ensure your scholarship is received, processed, and reviewed, please include all other documents requested with your application (example: recommendation letters, high school or college transcripts).
I’ve finished my application for scholarships. Now what?
The OCTC Scholarship Committee reviews each application to determine eligibility for scholarship awards. If you are selected for a scholarship, you will receive an email containing information about your scholarship and instructions on how to accept your award. Students that receive scholarship funds from OCTC must file a FAFSA every year, maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, and meet the specific criteria for the awards they receive. If you are not selected, you will also receive an email notification from the scholarship committee.
Our Financial Aid Office is ready to help you! Please, don’t hesitate to drop by our office upstairs in the Campus Center, call (270) 686-4520 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck with your scholarship application!