A college education is a major investment. We are here to help you find funds and earn that degree. Owensboro Community & Technical College has a variety of scholarship opportunities. We offer a little something for everyone, awarding scholarships without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status, with the exception of specific requirements as determined by the donor.
Most OCTC scholarships require a simple, single application. The deadline for completing the application is April 1 for students starting in the fall. However, our Financial Aid Office has an open-door policy for applications and encourages students to submit them at any time. To ensure your scholarship is processed and reviewed, please include all of the requested material with your application.
Application Material Checklist
- OCTC Scholarship Brochure
- OCTC Scholarship Application
- One or more letters of recommendation
- If graduating high school during the academic year, attach high school transcripts
- If transferring from a college outside the KCTCS system, attach college transcripts
- Submit the FAFSA
Additional Scholarship Applications
- Grant G. Talbott Scholarship
- Hagers Civic Engagement Scholarship
- Roger Badgett Scholarship
- KCTCS Workforce Development/Transfer Scholarship
- Kentucky Colonels Better Life Scholarship
- Ray Gillaspie Scholarship
- Women in Support of Education Scholarship
What to Expect After You Apply
The OCTC Scholarship Committee reviews each application to determine eligibility. If you are not eligible for a scholarship, the scholarship coordinator will notify you via the email account provided on the scholarship application. If you are eligible and funds are available, an acceptance letter and contract will be mailed to you at the address provided on the scholarship application. Acceptance letters/contracts are sent out no later than the beginning of June. Keep in mind that each contract has a specific deadline and must be returned to the Financial Aid Office by the date listed on the letter. Students that receive scholarship funds from OCTC must file a FAFSA annually, maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, and meet the specific criteria for the awards they receive.
Our Financial Aid Office is ready to help! If you have any questions, or need more information, please contact us at 855-5GO-OCTC.